Skilled Regional Provisional Visa subclass 489
Australia Skilled Regional Provisional Visa (subclass 489)
The Skilled - Nominated (Provisional) visa subclass 489 is an Australian state sponsored visa for skilled people wishing to live and work in a regional or low population growth area in Australia.
This is a temporary visa has been designed for those applicants, whose skills, experience and abilities are well in demand in the regional territories or specific states of Australia. This visa allows you to live and work in Regional territories of Australia for up to 4 years. However, you must choose an occupation from the relevant occupation list and also need to get the sponsorship from that particular state or territory in Australia, which you have chosen to apply.
The Skilled Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) Subclass 489 visa replaced both the offshore Skilled - Regional Sponsored Subclass 475 visa and the onshore Subclass 487 visa in 2012-2013.
Key Requirements of Subclass 189 Visa
To apply for this visa an applicant must:-
- 1. Be invited to apply.
- 2. Score at least 65 points based on his/her profile factors, i.e. Age, Qualification, Experience, English proficiency and other such components if applicable.
- 3. Be under 50 years of age when you are invited to apply.
- 4. nominate an occupation that matches your skills and qualifications and is on the relevant Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) OR the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)
- 5. Get a state/territory sponsorship.
- 6. Experience as required by state/territory requirement.
- 7. Have at least competent English.
- 8. Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- 9. Meet the health and character requirements.
- 10. Live in Sponsoring Australian state or teritorry for 2 years once visa is granted.